Discover the secret to keeping drinking water free of contaminants
Water is an essential natural resource for life. Therefore, its quality directly affects your body and your health. However, the world still faces problems with potability.
A report released by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) shows that 26% of the global population, that is, 2 billion, do not have access to drinking water. This raises a warning signal, as it is essential to life.
Do you want to know the importance and benefits of drinking pure and clean water, as well as the types of main contaminants and an effective alternative to guarantee this purity? Continue reading this article.
Types of water contaminants
Among the main ones, the following stand out:
- Physical: these are solid particles that impair the clarity, color and appearance of water. They are caused by natural events and include sediment, dust and other suspended particles.
- Chemicals: can have harmful effects on your health and the environment. They are: toxic chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, heavy metals, salts and minerals.
- Biological: are living organisms, such as bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi and parasites, generally found in water sources that have come into contact with animal or human waste. They cause serious health problems, including gastrointestinal illnesses, skin infections and respiratory illnesses.
- Radiological: radioactive elements and isotopes, which enter water sources through nuclear accidents, mining and other sources. They can cause cancer, birth defects and other health problems.
- Disinfection by-products: chemical substances formed as a result of the disinfection process used to treat drinking water. They have negative effects on health.
Sources of water contamination
Some common contaminants are:
- Agricultural activities: pesticides, fertilizers and failures in animal waste management trigger water contamination through runoff and leaching. Likewise, animal waste from feedlots and farms can contain bacteria, viruses and parasites, which contaminate water sources if not properly managed.
- Industrial waste: companies produce a large amount of chemicals and heavy metals from their activities. These must be disposed of correctly; otherwise, they leak into nearby water sources, contaminating them.
- Sewage: Human, industrial and agricultural waste enters water sources through discharges from sewage treatment plants and septic systems. When this occurs, they generate a wide range of contaminants, including bacteria, viruses and chemicals.
- Natural events: storms, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions cause water contamination. There are events that are intensified due to your actions, such as the increase in the intensity of storms due to climate change or landslides caused by rain and inappropriate land use.
- Mining: the extraction of minerals and metals is generally intensive and consumes large amounts of water, releasing many toxic by-products that contaminate the water.
- Urbanization: with the expansion of urban areas, there is sediment runoff that transports chemicals, heavy metals and other pollutants to nearby water sources.
What is a purifier and how does it work?
It is a household appliance that is used to completely carry out the water purification process, leaving it free of color, odor and taste.
It filters impurities and ensures the reduction of chlorine, maintaining the concentration at levels suitable for consumption, as well as inhibiting the proliferation of germs and bacteria, which can reach through the pipes.
Nowadays, there are different models and brands available, but, in general, the basis of how they all work is the same!
Benefits of owning a water purifier
- Contributes to sustainability: having a purifier contributes to the environment. Therefore, the tendency is for you to drink less bottled water, generating less waste.
- Generates savings: this way, you save significantly on the purchase of mineral water.
- Ensures health: drinking pure water frequently maintains health; your body works better; your skin becomes more hydrated; improves kidney health; regulates body temperature, among other benefits.
- Enables more agility in everyday life: as mentioned previously, the equipment provides quality, cold water whenever you need it.
Take care of the water, take care of your health
If you want to have quality water that provides vitality and health, purchase a purifier and enjoy great practicality in your daily life.
With that in mind, Vincci will soon have an exclusive new product, click here and check it out !